A MI TUO FO

阿弥陀佛

Welcome!!! to Jade Fortress

We are a Chinese martial arts academic center. Specializing in human development. Shaolin is a martial art with a heritage in Buddhism. It is not a requirement to be or become Buddhist. Our principles of Right Speech, Right Action, and Right Livelihood, is a benefit to everyone. Join us in becoming the future leaders of tomorrow!

Connecting

Mind, Body, and Spirit through GongFu

Locations:

 

Savoy

503 S. Dunlap Ste. E

Savoy, IL 61874

(217) 904-8213

 

Urbana

Brookens Gym

Urbana Park District

1776 W. Washington St.

Urbana, IL 61802

(217) 841-2705

1/55
Discipline
Developing a strong code of behavior. Discipline is one of the most important attributes to improving your life. At Jade Fortress it is our number one priority in helping our students become successful not only in martial arts but also in life. Notice an improvement in you/ your child's attitude and behavior after training with us. As well as a stronger sense of focus and willingness to do better.
Community
Creating an environment that focuses on trust, teamwork, and good will towards others is our community. At Jade Fortress our goal is to continue to grow with one another. The base of community is gathering together as a family.
 
Perseverance
The meaning of gongfu is skill acquired through hard work and time. Creating a no quit always do your best attitude is essential to progression and achieving your goals. How do you achieve this? Little by little

News/Events

June 8th, 2020

WE ARE OPEN! Come over anytime between 11am-5:30 pm to register for Shaolin Relief.

May 28th, 2020

ARE YOU READY!!!

Jade Fortress will officially reopen its doors next month Monday, June 8th. We will have private indoor sessions and outside group classes.

May 22th, 2020

Amituofo!!!  WE ARE REOPENING TO THE PUBLIC!!!

Official classes will start on Monday, June 1st

Thank you all for your support! More details early next week.

May 20th, 2020

Amituofo!!! Jade Fortress has registered to compete in the online competition Quarantine Wars. Stay tuned for more information on how you can vote. Click the button below to go to the Quarantine Wars Facebook page.   Amituofo!!! 🙏🏿

May 1st, 2020

Amituofo!!! Times are hard, many do not know what to do to get through the hardships that have arisen because of covid-19. Stay strong, it is important to stay active. Jade Fortress now offers a scholarship program. For parents needing online physical education classes but are unable to afford payment because of losing their job due to the coronavirus. Contact us today for more information.  Amituofo!!! 🙏🏿

March 15th, 2020

Amituofo!!! Sense we have the first confirmed case of the coronavirus in the Champaign County area. All classes this week will be online. Through the school group page. I will LIVE stream during each class time so that you and your children can still work out. Sense it will be an online class and it maybe hard for little ones to stay focused. Class will only be one hour. 3:30-4:30 and 6-7pm. This will be on a weekly basis.

In China they have found that the virus is most contagious in the first 4 days. (Roughly a 97% chance of catching it if you are within four feet of someone.) After ten days the chances go down drastically. (Roughly 3%)

PLEASE MAKE NO MISTAKE IF SOMEONE HAS THE VIRUS NO MATTER HOW LONG THEY HAVE HAD IT, IT IS POSSIBLE TO CONTRACT IT.

As always I will keep you all informed with new things that I find out.
Amituofo!!! 🙏🏿

March 2nd, 2020
Shaolin XiaoZi are coming along quite nicely!!!
February18th, 2020

The first of many successes! Jonathan finally lands the aerial. Now it's time to do it without raised mats. JiaYou!!!

Stay tuned for more Jade Fortress accomplishments!!!

January 1st, 2020

HAPPY NEW YEAR 新年快乐

No matter big or small at Jade Fortress we train them all!!!

Come train with us.

December 25th, 2019

MERRY CHRISTMAS 祝大家圣诞节快乐

Great practice Jade Fortress students as well as the Jade Dragons!!!
It was Awesome having a group of all levels class today. Hahahaha!!!

September 14th, 2019

Great job, to everyone one who tested today. Shifu is so proud of you. Thank you to the family and friends who came to the Open House and to show their support!🙏🏿

September 2nd, 2019
I feel so great!!! Karate and GongFu can train together. Jonathan, Donavin, and I went out to Brand's Martial Arts to get some sparring rounds in. It felt good to do some sparring again. I teach so much sometimes I forget about having people to train with so that I can constantly improve. Thanks Michael Brand and Oscar E. Flores for being great brothers! Now hurry and post tonight's group pics!!!🙏🏿
September 2nd, 2019
Victor, Jonathan, Kai'mere, and Shifu take a trip to Cicero in Chicago IL to support our friends competing in SUPREMACY. A full-contact kickboxing and mma event hosted in part by the UFC. So much excitement there were 23 matches, lasting from 4:00pm-10:00pm. Non stop action the fighters of Warriors Dojo with Grandmaster Omar, and the fighters from Extreme KungFu with Shifu Anthony "KungLao" Marquez put on an excellent show. The kids can't wait until they have a chance to compete at that level.
On the way back home we took our victory lap at everyone's favorite 24 hour restaurant WHITE CASTLE!!!
August 29th, 2019
Kommunity KungFu is on 🔥🔥🔥
Another great Wednesday night of training in our community on. There is still more room register for the final four classes today!!!
August 26th, 2019
It was a wonderful weekend of fun in the sun. As the Jade Dragons performed and volunteered at the Urbana Sweetcorn Festival. It was such a pleasure, we can't wait for next years event.
August 15th, 2019
We wish you all a GREAT first day back in school
Champaign Unit 4
August 3rd, 2019
THIS JUST IN!!! Thank you owners of Firehouse Subs in Champaign, Maurice & Carmen Hayes. Your sponsorship of the Jade Dragons makes us jump ahead in getting ready for Nationals Winner Wednesday's is a great help.
August 3rd, 2019
Jade Dragons have a nostalgic training session at the Olympic Tribute in Champaign. This place brings back memories for our Shifu because it is where he and his best friend would go to train and get inspired when they were younger. The Jade Dragons are doing a great job and well on their way to greatness!!!
July 20th, 2019
CAR WASH! CAR WASH!! CAR WASH!!! The Jade Dragons are going to nationals in September. To help us cover travel expenses we have been hosting car washes at different sponsoring local businesses. It's so fulfilling to work hard and do things for yourself. Way to go Jade Dragons!!! 
July 1st, 2019
We had a great week of training during Shaolin Nature Week at Hessel Park. Congratulations to everyone who came out and trained to have a healthier life.
June 7th, 2019
Lady Warriors of the Jade Dragons, competed yesterday at the Women Warrior Championships held in Savoy IL, at the recreation center. These girls dominated winning 1st place in all three of their divisions, as well as Grand Champions in empty hand forms, weapons, and sparring. Way to go Lady Jades!!!
Mar. 22nd, 2019
NEVER TOO YOUNG TO START TRAINING!
Our Tiny Titans are having a blast, fine tuning their motor skills and getting strong. 
Mar. 20th, 2019
We are half way through Spring Break, what better way to spend it than having fun and training yourself. Wednesday was our annual Spring Break Party!!! We started the day off at Savoy 16 watching Captain Marvel. After that two hour long movie we energized ourselves by having lunch at Dairy Queen, then finishing with a 2.5 hour Shaolin workout. It was such a fun day. Too bad Spring Break Can't be everyday :-P
Mar. 16th, 2019
Our lady Jade Dragons had an EXCELLENT DAY of competition at the Girls N Gi's Tournament in Chicago Heights, hosted by GM Cynthia Thompson. Bringing home 2 gold, 1 silver, and 1 bronze medal.
Jade Dragons JiaYou!!!